Every young man should be prepared for any and every situation...here are some tips to maintain a classy, yet fun Super Bowl celebration.
Yield: Serves 12
* 3 pounds ground lean turkey
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 onions, chopped
* 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, roughly chopped with liquid
* 1 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes
* 1 packet commercial chili seasoning mix (about 1 ounce)
* 1 12-ounce bottle Mexican beer
* 1 ounce unsweetened dark chocolate
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 tablespoons powdered oregano
* 3 tablespoons cumin
* 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed
1. Brown turkey and drain off fat.
2. Sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
3. Add turkey, tomatoes, seasoning pack, beer, and bring to a boil.
4. Add chocolate and turn down heat to simmer. Stir in remaining spices.
5. Add kidney beans.
6. Turn heat to low and cook for about 2 hours stirring occasionally. If chili is too thin, cook uncovered for a while. Continue to stir.
7. Serve chili with bowls of chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, and grated aged cheddar.
Note: Make sure spices are fresh, especially chili powder, which tends to lose flavor when old.
Mozambican Chili Chicken Wings
* 16 medium-sized chicken wings
* 1 cup chili sauce (recipe follows)
* 1 tablespoon salt
* Vegetable oil for shallow frying
1. Put wings in a large stainless steel bowl and salt very well.
2. Pour half a cup of the dip into the bowl and rub into meat with your hands. Leave to marinate for 2 hours.
3. Fry wings in hot oil over medium heat. The wings should be fried on both sides until crispy.
4. When all the wings are cooked, transfer them into a serving dish and pour remaining half cup of chili dip over the wings.
Mozambican Chili Sauce
* 4 tablespoons crushed red chilies
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons salt
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and whiz until smooth. The chili dip keeps for months in the fridge.
Super Bull Highball
* 2 ounces Citrus Vodka
* 3 ounces Red Bull
* 3 ounces Lemon Gatorade
* 1 ounce Cranberry Juice Cocktail
1. In a shaker, combine the Vodka, Red Bull, and Gatorade. Add ice and shake well. Pour into in an ice-filled highball glass and top with cranberry juice.
2. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and a slice of star fruit.