Saturday, May 23, 2009

Modivation...








It's funny how the lives of others often can affect us positively or negatively. I had the distinct pleasure of seeing the success formula work. My man graduated from Morehouse College this past Sunday which is an accomplishment within itself, but what's more he graduated Summa Cum Laude "with highest honor" (direct translation: "with highest praise") maintaining a 3.8 during his matriculation. This commitment awarded him National Merit Honors, and induction into Phi Betta Kappa National Honors Fraternity.




Morehouse Alum Spike Lee was in attendance.



The Beautiful Cicely Tyson spoke.

and




My man got his degree



I was extremely proud of him, but was moved by his words at that we had at our Sunday dinner later that evening. He said "You all are the reason for my success. While others were out partying, I made sure that I maintained my studies, and remained focused, because I was a representation of you and therefore had and obligation to myself and you to be the best student that I could be." Well done sir. Well done.







Success is 10% aspiration and 90% perspiration -Thomas Edison

No comments: