Tuesday, June 2, 2009
* 3/4 cup ketchup
* 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
* 1 1/2 pounds lump crab meat (picked over to eliminate stray pieces of bone or shell)
* 1 head of iceberg lettuce, washed and shredded
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
1. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, and Tabasco and mix well. (This mixture can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the dish.)
2. Gently fold the crab into the seasoned mix. Divide the lettuce among 6 bowls or glasses, and spoon the crab mixture over each. Garnish each with a dash of cayenne pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
I like easy filling dishes like this it makes me feel like I have a some sort of cooking skills and even better it's virtually impossible to mess up.
colin cowie recipes