Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A man's walk is never done...

So Milan fashion week started Monday...and I must admit I'm enjoying what I see so far. A return to tailoring and more of a focus on elegance, casual or otherwise. The thing I really love about these fashion week events are not just the fashion shows themselves but a look at style trends especially there in Milan, and Florence. Watching these trends always allow me to update my own wardrobe without purchasing a thing. But for now let's take a look at some of my favorite collections so far for the S/S 2010 collections.

First there's Zegna...No frills, no thrills just consistency on the part of Gildo Zegna the color palette was soft yet classic and offered a more relaxed silhouette (especially in the pants) while remaining true to the brand's elegantly casual aesthetic.






I also enjoyed Bottega Veneta's collection as he explored color and structure with this collection, but the thing that I enjoy most is Tomas Maier's ability to not take a man too far too fast there's always something relatively familiar yet fashionable in his pieces. The colors were a lot more vibrant in hue than in past collections I've seen him produce but I loved that he still managed to keep them masculine but minimizing the vitality of each color.






here's some video of the show



stay tuned for more post after the jump...

No comments: