Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Vicarious Life

You all have met my good friend Damien K. Brown



(that's right ladies and gentlemen I only put myself around people who challenge my intellect and reinforce my style but I digress) he has been kind enough to let me use some pictures he took when he visited one of my favorite men's haberdashers in New York Jay Kos. I have to live vicariously through him until I get to NYC myself but here's a brief tour...






His shop isn't really that big in reference to a lot of other shops I've been to but he makes very good use of his space. And as you can see something doesn't have to take up a lot of space to make a lasting impression.



I have nothing but the utmost respect for Kanye West, but I'd definitely pass up on some Kanye LV's to cop some of these.



While I haven't been to his shop yet, I read some reviews that said he can be a little pricey and my rebuttal is you have to pay for quality. Besides you're not going to find the pieces he carries just anywhere. Besides where else are you going to have classic English cuts, Italian styling, and American charm? It's definitely worth stopping by to take a look around and spending time with Mr. Kos.




I mean honestly you have to love a guy who is smooth enough to wear snake skin leather pants and make it look so effortless, talk about real style. Check out an interview Scott Schuman of the Sartorialist did with him. And if you're ever on the upper east side stop in and check him out...I know I will.



988 Lexington Ave
(between 71st St & 72nd St)
New York, NY 10021
(212) 327-2382

Nearest Transit:
68th St (6)

No comments: